Early Bird And All That Shenanigans!



Based on the fact that I felt more than inspired yesterday and things were flowing ever so much without little intervention required from my conscious mind. I decided I would extend the number of hours I appointed to writing. So, in true motivated fashion I got up a whole one hour earlier this morning and got down to some dirty business of writing.

I did have to ply my lips with some black Coffee. Not that I’m addicted and not to even suggest that I can’t function without said beverage. But, it was nice to partake in such a glory filled moment of thought provoking words and expression. I think I’ll have to make this a habit. It wasn’t all that difficult to be honest. I find it more difficult to get up early and go to the gym. I seem to lack real energy in the morrow morn to adequately make the most of a gym session. Writing on the other hand was not only doable, but enjoyable and I would say more than sustainable. I’ll update you as to whether I managed it tomorrow.

It was a good session though. A lot of dialogue.  I can see myself going back over this particular scene several times as it was very loose. I think the re-write will be almost as exciting as the first draft. It will really give me the opportunity to refresh my mind and engulf myself in the characters. Also, give me the chance to expand on them and make them more three dimensional. Inject a little humour.

As I mentioned yester-year the novel is based on a Children’s Summer Camp, the location though has been changed geographically. The name has been amended too. It is a work of fiction as I continue to say, but based on a real experience. Much of the story is obviously created for dramatic affect. So I can’t be sued. All of the character names, again loosely based on ‘actual’ living human beings. I assume they are still alive. I may well be surprised. I sometimes think it would be interesting to see some of the people I attended camp with again. Then again, another part of me thinks it’s been far too long and what are we going to realistically talk about. Just how successful we each are or how we failed in life.  I’m talking in terms of attending camp as a counsellor. Not as a child. Dylan’s role is that of a Counsellor from the UK.

I guess with anything though there are some people I’d be interested to see again. I may surprise myself. I think I am more happy in the memory. It’s like going to watch your favourite band play live since a break up, for example when I saw the Stone Roses. I think I was far happier with the romance I created in my mind purely from replaying the CD and watching old clips from Live in Blackpool on VHS. Sort of ruined things to see them again. Scared me too. Wouldn’t quite have been the same if Ian Brown was to sit down and play the bongos with drum sticks. Especially if the sound of his knees cracking  was audible above all the murmurs of appreciation.

It frustrates me a little to have to be committed to ‘real’ work or the work that pays the bills when all I want to do is write. But, I think it proves just how much I need it in my life. I was out of the house for 12 hours the other day from 7am – 7PM but I still needed to write. So I did! I will continue to do so. Not only when this story is finished but on to the next one and the next one after that. I have no real limit on the ideas, concepts and stories I want to tell. I guess that’s true of a lot of people. I don’t consider myself special.

Until Next Time….thanks for reading. It means a lot!


Do Good Things




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?