No more songs!


Between starting and making notes about other book ideas. I do write poetry. I continue to write songs. It's never ending to be perfectly honest. The only thing is, when I look to my right even as I type now. I've got notes and lines of words written on....no joke ( I've reached over to retrieve one of these pieces of paper ) It's written on a branded M&M pad. The next is a post it note. Having read it. I don't know why I've kept it. They don't make sense but I must have intended to do something with it.


So, one says; 

'Help me understand your imperfections. I can see right through your sunny disposition. You go back home to an empty bed. Although, it's shared through body heat. You long for someone new to meet.'

Seriously, no idea what half of this stuff is...

' Don't go denying your booty call. I've heard it said all before. You've known him for years, you can't justify. You hurt me with your words and lies. Don't go doin' it all again. Three Little Words. Too fleeting and easy. I'm insecure and puttin' it in a song'

That's that then. I just found 'the lady doth protest too much' obviously a famous quote but I did already use that in a song.

In a way, it feels good to purge the desk of this. Even get it out of my mind. I think I will discard the above. I'm clearly not going to do anything with them.

I've just opened the black book that I like to fill with random 'shit'. Here's another example:

'I've got this mess around me. It clutters up my head. I hanged myself from the stairs. Whilst listening to The Beach Boys. No note, no utterance, how would I dare? Little Deuce Coupe was the last song I heard. Writing Sonnets for girls I've never met, just to impress. I give out fivers at the ATM and still have no real friends. My profile picture smiles, my status lies and they say go ahead and clean me. Drag me out and stand your ground.'

So depressing! I'm honestly not though. I think that's why I put up stupid videos on instagram.
Just as a creative outlet that isn't all that pretentious. Because I'm really not! 

As I was beginning to say, along with these snippets of random writing and words. I still sing melodies and write down ideas for songs. I'll get the guitar out and work on something. I still record but it's taking up time. I may one day come back to it. I think I need to concentrate completely on writing this novel. Tall Blue Midget in terms of the alter ego - musician fella is on hiatus. I'll update everything under that name but leaving the dream behind on that. It was never really my ambition to be a singer, a songwriter or a musician. It's just something I like doing. It feels good to build something and put it out there.............. It is now time to get this novel out there.

Until Next Time....

Do Good Things

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?