Too Many Cooks........Potentially!?!


It's all about waking up in cold sweats at the moment. Not literally but I did have a productive day yesterday. Added some juicy bits that I hope to develop. I remain constantly in the world I've created and stuck on the thoughts of what to add.
I do have this sense of frustration too. I'm overcoming that though as it is more impatience than anything.

Like I keep saying, I'm not rushing any of this in order to complete it. I would honestly say I'm not even a quarter way through yet. Then, I'll be going back over it. I may then decide who gets to read it.
I think it can't at this point be people that close to me. I think their opinion will be biased also it'll potentially skew my sense of 'self' and really affect the intended or original story. That is certainly not something I want. As I've said before, I don't want any censoring and what one person may find offensive another may not etc etc. Too Many Zoos. I obviously mean cooks!

Dylan is meeting more people, interested in more females ( he's 19, and the setting is such that 'cabin fever' can set in ) despite him having a girlfriend back home. He is becoming more three dimensional. I'm torn as to which of these newly introduced girls will be the central 'driver' for him or who will be the confidant. I guess that will come naturally.

I'm trying to get down what could be argued as the basic frameworks of dialogue. Personally, I'm really into idiosyncrasies of personality. The sound of people talking really interests me. If I hear something around me. I am either noting it down for use later or I keep repeating it over and over in order not to forget it so I can write it down.
Any dialogue that sounds human is perfect to me and that's what I'm trying to create, a real creative but honest sense of conversation. It can't be trivial. In fact, I must admit most of my actual conversations aren't ever that banal. They have to have some real content. I'm not one for
small talk. It frustrates me when people begin to ask the same questions. In all honesty, you will only ever get a monosyllabic answer to such questions from me.
I also rightly or wrongly assume that people aren't that genuinely interested in my opinion or true thoughts if you never have or start a conversation that isn't based around 'Good Weekend?'
That isn't to say it has to be overly astute or formulate a discussion on ethics or anything else but
I do want to grab it by the lapels and shake the shit out of the conversation. I'm not one for gossip. I understand though that it may well shape a character though. Give me a bit of spice but thought provoking spice.

The nature of many of these characters and people meeting though are essentially going to have to indulge in trivial conversation but I'm trying to limit that in order to get to the main motivation drawn from the conversation and it's importance to the narrative.

Again, this is made easier because it's from Dylan's point of view.

This is honestly so much fun for me. I do though embrace this little break just to document it. Even if it's only useful for me to follow my own progress. I think when I get to a finished state it'll be easier or more interesting to document the steps taken to publish.

Until Next Time....

Do Good Things

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?