Yup, It's Bloody Registered!


Having looked into it. The title that I had my heart set on is in fact 'Registered'!

Can't use it. 

Section 10(3) Trade Marks Act
Where an unauthorized third party uses an identical or similar trade mark on goods or services which are not similar, benefiting from the Registered trade mark’s existing UK or EU reputation and gaining an unfair advantage; and operating to the detriment of the registered trade mark’s character.

I’m assuming the above would directly affect my current title. This is a challenge. I’ll have to now come up with another title. It’s disappointing to say the least. But, clearly it wasn’t meant to be. I will have to be more creative in the title I now make use of. I won’t change it yet. I will think about it. I guess the original title was one that is recognizable and this would ultimately be beneficial to me, just as it may be a negative for the brand. Although, it remains a work of fiction. I guess it won’t be a massive selling point. Ahhhh well. Move on. I’m just focusing on getting it written. Fully invested.

I know that I will go back over the story several times. I've done that loads of times already. The opening line. Jesus! The opening line or lines should I say. Not entirely convinced it's correct just yet. I don't want any cheap tricks or hooks or anything. Dylan needs to grab me in as he should anyone. I can't manufacture the title though. It just wouldn't be right I’m not entirely convinced if I’m not putting more unnecessary pressure on myself documenting my progress so far. I'm at 47000+ words or thereabouts. So I don’t think that’s too bad and I’m not waffling. I hope I’m not anyway. 

I’m trying to shape other characters. I think Dylan is growing and growing into himself. I do worry about the conflict I’m creating. I am constantly trying to make use of anticipation in the story too. Maybe I’m thinking too much. I’m not sure if that’s possible. It needs my attention. I need to be focused and I am. I’m proud of it so far. Be sure that this will not be made public until I am completely happy with it. As much as I value the opinion of others it is mine that fundamentally matters to me the most. I’ve been over that before.  

So many distractions. It's hard not to be dragged away. Longer evenings I think. I need to get ahead.

Until Next time....

Do Good Things

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?