Forget Demographics, metrics and Likes!


It isn't wise to necessarily read comments on many of the social media platforms. Moreover, it isn't that helpful to take 'likes' etc all that seriously. It's false encouragement. It's almost like atheism. If you don't believe in the existence of God, you can't then think the Devil real.

I, like anyone require a readership but I can't allow internet based opinion to be all that directive of my path. I know which route I'm taking and that's the main thing. There are some sincere words but others are misspelt hate.

Anyway, I continue to produce my daily word count. Maintaining the early morning productivity. Which does seem to be working well. I am noting down moments of dialogue and all it's inspiration. I'm a little concerned at the moment and it may well be in my haste that some of the characters are feeling, even to me a little bit weak or two dimensional at least. I'm not 'feeling' them. I need to build upon their back stories. Make them sound more human. Reveal their idiosyncrasies. I really like characters that are different. Emma ( Jane Austen ) was and is a good character. Lolita in well.... you know. Regan in the Exorcist. Holly Golightly. All the quirks!
 I'm a massive fan of anything Zooey Deschanel has been in, in terms of character so notably playing Jovie in 'Elf', Cheryl in 'The Good Girl', Allison in 'Yes Man' was a perfect character and so too was Summer in '500 Days of Summer' I think it also helps that apparently she was named after JD Salinger's Zooey from Franny and Zooey. I would go so far as to say Kate Winslet's character in 'Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind'. I guess there are so many but even Ellen Page in Juno.

Oh perhaps I should clarify. It's the female characters that I'm feeling are slightly 2D. Only at the moment. I know how I want them to be or how they're progressing to be. It's just making that clear. I want to create memorable female interests for Dylan. They almost have to be in order to garner his attention.

It is progressing nicely though.

Until Next Time...

Do Good Things

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?