I Find Romance In Addiction


Romance in the simple things. It may be my literary crucifixion but it's a chance that I'll have to endure. I am somewhat addicted to life but more so creativity and the journey from empty to full.
It's the work put in to receive contentment. Through challenges and graft. I was playing with music again yesterday. Had a little break from writing the novel. Got down to some synth fun. Not likely to do anything with it. I just like writing lyrics.

Happy Halloween one and every all! I hope it's fabulous with treats galore. I'm in the UK and all I've heard today is sweets being referred to as 'Candy'. I'm not certain when that changed. Tomorrow it will revert back to 'sweets' I'm sure. So strange how we jump on the language bandwagon. It also perplexes me how we've now, as English peeps began to pronounce 'Advertisement' as 'Ad-ver-tize-ment' making use of the Americanized emphasis on the 'TIZE' element opposed to the 'Ad-ver-TISSSS-ment' I think it comes with the popularity of the 'Big Bang Theory' or something. Even the days of A.L.F. which I loved as a kid, but now watching it back is not all that great after all. Eating cats never gets old but other than that, slightly dated. If you want a good old scary Children's programme. Go back and look at 'Worzel Gummidge' - that's really held it's quality. A fine English example of an excellent story which is arguably timeless ' Oh Aunt Sally!'.

Anyhoot, Alexa had me jiving to 'This is Halloween' in thy dead of morn, which obviously then led on to a bit of 'Oingo Boingo'. God bless Danny Elfman and his trumpet loving ways.

Being the day as it is, it got me thinking about applying elements of horror into my story. Which I think are somewhat evident anyway. Not necessarily in terms of the genre. Life as we all know is full of humour, drama, horror and heartache with a whole heap of other emotion and incident thrown in for grand measure. I think generic restrictions are just that, restrictive and predictable.

Although not a fan of Jeffrey Archer for the whole perjury issue and imprisonment. He did his time etc. His books aren't all that bad. I wouldn't go out and pay full price. If you find one in a charity shop (which you often do) for one whole English pound then sure, have a read. His new book 'Heads You Win' intrigues me, again I won't be flocking to Amazon to buy a hardback or 'hardcover' but the splitting narrative is cool. I always liked the mix of perspective in 'Gone Girl' and 'The Joy Luck Club'. Even reading 'The Dirt' that was amazing to have all the accounts from different eyes. Love that conflict and mix up from the band.
       Anyway, it hasn't changed my mind for this story. I'm maintaining the first person. Let's not go crazy. It just gives me the chance to consider other stories. Again, not getting ahead of myself oh no no no. Focus on this. Live it, love it, finish it. No rush though. Gotta be right. Gotta just write!

I'm enjoying updating Instagram with my little stories of merriment and wonder. It's just another outlook. They seem to be well received. It does become a worry if I focus on followers and how many likes etc. I do like the engagement. Talking to real people, sharing of ideas and such. That's rewarding.

I'm at a point in the story now where I can include what I referred to a number of blogs ago. Either take the story one way and have Dylan perform a certain way or have him behave correctly. I may right both and see how it fits in on the second draft and which 'fits'. It could be interesting to test both. I think though if I just let it write itself. It will be the 'right' tone and best fit anyway. It'll be Dylan speaking.

 Keep the drama alive
The horror implied
If you see a ghost at night
Don't scream on page one
Leave it in the readers mind
Imagination imagination
The troubled fun

Happy Halloween!

Until Next Time...



Do Good Things






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?