John Hughes And His Magical Ways


Having to do yet another cleanse. Stacks of paper still! Going through all this random collection of scribbles Much of it is being shredded. At the moment, I have Sixteen Candles in my head. May have to watch it. Such a good movie. I was never overly convinced by Samantha but the end is nice. I guess it's no Breakfast Club. It's certainly good though. 'Make a wish' longing gaze. 'It already came true!' Such a perfect choice of music too. Oh John Hughes. How we miss you!

Gonna have to watch it now. Saying that I'm going to have to revisit Annie Hall too 'I'm into Leather!' I still enjoy all his neurotic and often agreeable statements and thoughts. Pretty much what Larry David has based his career on.

All these ideas, I'm shredding most of them. They must have sparked something in me a while ago but they must just be bad or something. I think the stories that I've kept in my head alone in terms of the premise are by far the most important ones or at least they are the ones that I am actively pursing. They clearly mean something to me because I haven't had to write them down. They just exist in my head. I retell these stories to myself and I guess that's where this story came from. It's forever building and growing.

I've noticed a real rhythm in how I'm writing. It's got a lyricism to it in places. We'll see if that is maintained when I finish and certainly when I edit or re-write it. Dylan is at least making me content and I want to keep writing his journey so it's all gravy. I'm not really informing people that I'm writing this. Not with family and friends. I'm getting on with it. As I said, it's something that I've wanted to do and something I've wanted to finish. I'm grasping the psychology of getting this written and then I can be a perfectionist. It's achievable and a reality to sit down and just type. Over time it'll conclude.

A lot of little stories are beginning to develop within the main story which is interesting because I never even had the thought of some of these situations. They are honestly creating themselves. Which is an odd thing to say because I'm the one writing it but it's dragging me in certain directions and I don't really think I'm in total control of it. It's almost like meditation or something. I really go into the scenes and the characters. Sometimes, sure I'm distracted and my mind wanders but that's time to take a break. Write this blog. Listen to the wisdom of Joe Rogan or watch Tim Tracker or something. Then, quickly back to it. Last couple of days I've surprised myself by just how much I've written and how good it's feeling.

Back to it.

Until Next Time...

Do Good Things




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?