Slight 1930s Distraction


I've been completing a lot of research. I have to admit recently I have concentrated only briefly on another story that I have been writing for a literary competition. I found it online and it sparked a little wonderment of inspiration.

Anyway, I've finished that story. It was a 2000 limit. I'll go back over it several more times but I think I'm happy with the structure. I wanted to do a whole heap of research just to get the tone right. I
think I've achieved the intention. I'll submit it shortly. Whatever, the outcome I may well share the story on whatever platforms I can  when the competition closes etc. In fact, I most certainly will.

I think along with reading as much as I can, I'm also writing as much as I can. The novel is progressing very well but I wanted to change genre for about a day or two to develop this story. All done now. I felt a little guilty committing all this time to it but hopefully it'll be well received. If not, I enjoyed writing this one too.

So next steps, polish it slightly and then submit. Job done!

I continue to follow the early morning writing. Seems to be working. It’s hard work but made easier because it’s fun and I feel so productive. Instead of writing loads of one liners, short songs etc I’m turning the many scrap pieces of paper that I can’t make into stories into more inspirational, or pretentious Instagram posts. I’ll keep doing that too. I like the sharing of it. It almost feels like clearing out your cupboards of all your food by the end of the month and starting a fresh. Weird analogy maybe but I do like a good cleanse.
Back to it!

Until Next Time...

Do Good Things

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?