You Are Imperial!


Today and last night was a good time for writing. Made real progress. Got stuck into characters. At one stage I was angry. Angry within the story. One social situation took place and I was enraged. It was like I wanted to write or have the characters scream 'Fuck You! I won't Do What You Tell Me!'. I didn't  because well they're not my lines but they were almost in my head as I worked on that one sequence. It was a great release and worked. There's always that indecision in terms of how far you take something, do I make it completely radical and have things 'burn' or let it simmer?  For the time being I'm content with that.

Inspiration comes from all over the place. I thought about situations from the past. Those mesmerizing moments of uncertainty when you're left alone for the first time with the girl you've been chatting to... appreciating her all evening and now the moment to explore each others thoughts. The inhalation at a light filled smile. Hearing the use of a word in a context never considered. My name being spoken with subtle intonation that shouldn't work but some how I'm so accepting of it. As she lays and relaxes her eyes. There is no thought of taking advantage. You only want to take care of her. All the feelings you feel are sacred. You don't care who might be watching as she lay down beside you and you can do nothing else but stroke her bare feet, just along the ankle. You might appear weak to many but in her heart she knows what you're saying without speaking.

You Are Imperial! 


I feel too many people are seeking out instant gratification. I think for as long as you consider this important it restricts you in the long run. If you're doing something or completing something that you love then it's fair to assume that others will love it too. I believe they will be able to feel the passion and strength within - the ultimate importance and impact it creates within them.

I still embrace the reason behind the innate motivation and have given up questioning why I am compelled to do this. It's getting to the point now where I don't have a choice but to write. We are all gifted in the way that immediately if you feel the urge to write something down. I have my phone, I have my memory and I have my arm to etch all it is held in my mind down to explore later. Nothing more special than being creative. Although it's fair to say that having a swig of gin is making things spicy. If you haven't tried Whitley Neill and are a fan of the magic water. Give it a go, the purple bottle - Rhubarb and Gin is so good. This isn't an advertisment for them but I occasionally will sink back into my chair, doodle with the day dreams and swish that around my 'gulliver' figuratively, metaphorically, sensually and retrospectively.

I find something poetic and almost artistic about Absinthe. The history of it intrigues me. I haven't had it for years. Probably about twelve years now. Apologies, this isn't an alcohol review, but in my mind for whatever reason there is a certain romanticism behind that spirit. The process you go through with the spoon just to indulge. Anyway, there is no time for 'down time'. I was only thinking yesterday how guilty I felt for sleeping. A level of irrationality there potentially but I like being productive.

I started a story two years ago, although the concept has been with me since 2005. It's vivid in my mind. I made a start on it two years ago. I've made a list of the path and stories I am going to complete. I will broach them in that order. Absinthe plays a huge part in that story. One thing at a time dear Liza, dear Liza.


With that in mind. Stay creative.

Until Next Time...

Do Good Things

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?