Character Development & Comprehensive Backgrounds For All

I guess that sounds convoluted and somewhat tedious. I have though clearly considered every single character that will be included. I've decided and completed a full list, literally handwritten out all the names and supported each person with an elaborate back story. When I say elaborate I mean more of an extensive, realistic backstory. Some are longer than others, some simply say where they were born -country, ages & parental situation. I think it has allowed me to really provide context, build as I say the personality traits and allow for or explain motivations.

So far, I have made a list of 31 names and back stories. It has helped me differentiate characters. I'm having to be more creative with names too. I was confusing myself with two very similar names. So I've scrapped one and replaced it. Anya and Anna, far too close. Changed it up now. More clear to me. I don't have any other examples of closely sounding or even spelled names as I've made the conscious effort to avoid this stumbling block.

Following on from this and based on the story, I've also created a hierarchy structure of central characters. Not in importance within the story. So, it isn't Dylan at the top or anything like that but it's more based around the environment itself. Who reports to whom etc etc.

I did consider simplifying or narrowing down the amount of people/characters contained within but I'm going to keep them all. I feel it is far more authentic that way. I don't believe it will detract from anything or become a whirlwind of peeps.

I have further listed each event of importance I want to include and I'm building chapters around them. At the moment, I have no clearly defined chapters. There are more scenes or that's how I would describe them. If I was to clearly name or label the chapters that might help too. I'm not though too worried about that at the moment. I'm still just writing and I can then be more creative with the chapter titles and all that shiny jazzy stuff. The story is the most important thing to concern myself with at the moment.

Until Next Time...

Do Good Things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?