Trying To Bring Value...


I'm doing my best to not only document what I'm doing in terms of writing this novel. But, also to hopefully provide some form of value to anyone thinking of doing the same thing. Which as I've said continually, I would certainly encourage without hesitation.


Things happen by divine accident. I'm through with over thinking things all too much. Never should or will writer's block get in the way of my creativity. Nor should it yours. Am I even sure it exists? Not so much. Even if it means taking a short break from the piece of work you're feeling the dreaded 'block'. Then, I would simply suggest to continue to write even if that means, writing or continuing another project, exploring another thought. Write something in a genre you're not comfortable with, have never encountered. Perhaps you've never even been exposed to it. Write a poem, write a song. You don't have to do anything with it but at least you're maintaining that momentum and I think that's far more important that banging your head against an acidic surface.

Many people would suggest, go for a walk. That's good too. But writing or continuing to write, you can go for a walk. You can describe 'the walk' search your thoughts. Go into and explore your mind. What would you be discovering on this walk, how would you be feeling. Would you enjoy the frustration? Would you ignore the favour of words? It's up to you if you make an excuse or pull that thin vale over your head and ignore the ability you have inherently within yourself. Writer's block is a self inflicted distraction, an excuse not to write. I don't feel I am being unsympathetic. I am more than empathetic to the struggles. I myself have felt depression, darkness and intense loss when writing but that isn't to say I've stopped writing. I just keep going.

You can always come back to it again tomorrow. We're in a remarkable position that we can quickly edit, delete or rewrite words that read like the ramblings of a stoned 'Dennis Hopper'.  I've spent hours writing. The word count is irrelevant but if it complete poop and pants. I'll start over. Sure it's a waste but if it ain't right. Then it ain't right and I won't waste more time thrashing at it to make it perfection. Writing, like life is a playground. You're also in control. You own this.

Keep being creative. Keep writing like you haven't got a choice.

Until Next Time...

Do Good Things




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?