You Don't Need Permission...


I find it both marvellous, enchanting and scary just how exhausting writing is. Although that may well sound like a negative, perhaps I could have chosen my words slightly better. I mean that sincerely with no other intent but wonder.

It still warms me the state of escape I have to visit or that sense of escape that I feel. A challenge I set myself was to write with a pen and notepad in a public place. I was not wearing headphones. I was zoning out. There was no interruption from Tom Waits or anything else. I made no use of a phone. No point of reference. There were voices, noises - people handing out Baklava as a taste test. Discussions of 'going round in circles', queries of 'what Am I losing?'...... Speculations of intent, confirmation and correction. Murmurs, trivial chat and squawks of over excitement. Yet, put your head down and begin to write. I hear nothing but the words I'm writing. I don't think or say them aloud but they escape from me. It's then a smack in the chops when I land back in reality. Although you will have completed several pages of handwritten merriment it's only at the point of reading that you can explore the words and their true meaning.

Think for yourself and revel for a moment. Those words came from you!




Don't worry too much about anything. Just remember that 'I spoke to....' does not include 'texting'.


You can explore the things you wished you did, say the things you hoped to say. You can be whomever you want to me. Take some time. Be patient and just let it out.

Make writing your playground. It's where I feel most free!

Until Next Time...

Do Good Things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?