1st Draft - Editing - Rewrite

William's Wish Wellingtons. It's been a while. The last update being back in February. A lot has happened since then. I have now changed jobs. I start very soon. It's a similar role just within a whole new company and not as far to travel. So, I hope that remains a positive. I am grateful for the opportunity, so we shall see.

I guess my lack of update has been a conscious decision. I found that I was updating this blog and Instagram far more than I was writing and editing the book. It became a big distraction. I am the last to claim that I am a professional but I have to work at this passion and by ending my
affiliation with social media for a period of time did help me focus on what I was trying to achieve. Which I believe can only be a good thing. I don't want to be a pretender. I hope you understand just how much of a choice I don't have in this. It will happen!

I have managed to finish or..... complete - is perhaps a better word; the 1st draft of the novel. I am thus far at page 49 of 140 pages, which is 114868 words. Not actually counting as I've added to it more than I have subtracted and I think that will be true when I get to the end of this draft.
In terms of the process I will likely read and reread this, edit it several times. Then have others close to me, read it and offer opinion. I can take criticism but I think I will have to avoid taking things too personally. I got to a paragraph earlier today that I myself am not convinced will remain in the story. I'm not sure what basis it has on the entire narrative but I think going back over it again and again will make it more apparent to me. That's what this whole process is, work and chipping away to make it what I would consider perfect. I think, or I know in the past that I have made albums, music albums where I rushed them. Probably for the reason of acceptance. Because I wanted my voice heard. In hearing my voice though I rushed the production and subsequently affected the delivery and that I believe remains one of the many reasons you've never heard of me. Plus, I guess because my musical ability is pretty shite. You decide, youtube - TallBlueMidget. I haven't made music now for well over a year. That's how much I'm focusing on this novel. I have hope in it. Not for success but as a means to communicate. I think that's what my music, my poetry. That sounds so arrogant. It's easier to say that I believe my words are only trying to express who I am or who I consider myself to be. Call me quiet, call me introverted but I consider myself complex. I guess we all do. Who doesn't want to be appreciated. I can suckle on red wine as much as I want but if it doesn't inspire or open ones eyes, then what's the point.

I remain finding complete joy and fulfilment in this writing process. I do feel complete. I feel inspired. I feel myself. No jokes needed here.
It's strange how inspiration hits you. It's stranger still how life presents you with people that inspire you. Some people, I swear exist, just for you. There have been a few of late that I take complete joy out of. They have become so important in shaping my own ability and confidence in life. These people will remain nameless but to coin a phrase and provide a clue. These people really pick you up. It's so strange the choices you make. At the same time knowing that the inevitable will occur, rightly or wrongly fills me with warmth like red wine on an empty stomach.

At the moment, the book has very few if any real chapters. So I'm going to have to take a look at that. Really focus on the structure and then brand each section. Or make it a chapter as it were.

So, I think I've bored you for long enough. I am still alive. The most important thing to me is that I am still writing.

Until Next Time.

Please, each and every one of you......

Do good things!

Thanks so much for reading and I hope our paths will cross soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?