I Am Under No Illusion - No One Cares

That isn't a title to beg for adoration, respect or love.

I'm not here for instant recognition or even gratification. I don't want millions of followers, all for the sake of a picture of the crack of my arse. It's like everything in life, when you're starting out. No one cares. Who am I? I'm not an authority on any subject. Not even ones that examination boards may have certified me against. Much of that is attributed to some loosely based focus on the chosen subject for two weeks to embed surface knowledge and scrape through an I.T. exam.

Trust me. I do not consider myself special, entitled or deserving of anything. That's why I'm so content with my position in life. As long as I'm creating what I want to create, whether that be music, words, poems or a novel. It's a long and slow task, but it's fun and I enjoy it. That really is enough for me.

I'm still on the second draft, not much has really changed in that regard. Can't remember what I mentioned in the last update but having just checked. I'm on page 123 of 356 - 131673 words. That really only signposts the progress for me personally. Like I said, I started this over a year ago and although the end is not yet in sight in my mind. I'll get there....eventually.

One thing that this second draft has provided me. Is more of a clear narrative. Having read it through from the beginning again and to where I am in the story now. I know I'm going to shift chapters around. One in particular and have that - the start of the book. I think the current starting is rather too much of a vomit of thinking. It felt a little too rushed or hurried to get moving. Whereas the main setting is specific and I want that to become a character in itself. I've therefore made a note to shift everything. I think it becomes more engaging straight away.

I'll probably change more than a couple of chapters. There's something fun, scary and intimidating about this editing stage. At times, I note the parts that make no sense. Other times, the parts that I myself am actually enjoying reading based on pure excitement. I want to experience emotions throughout the whole thing. That may not be possible and I suppose it may work for me but someone else could consider it a pile of shit. Only time will tell. I can't be afraid of that perception from anyone. It won't be accessible, agreeable or even stimulating for everyone. It's the precious few, I'd want to engage with.

In life, there are genuine people. I consider myself truly genuine. Most importantly I'm not lying to myself and I am inherently good. At the same time. I am under no illusion - no one cares.

Until Next Time.

Do Good Things!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'