Document and Implement...

It can be hard. It can be so hard. It's never too hard. There should never be an excuse. I do my best not to make any excuses. You know, if a blustery storm blows down your fence. It's a task. It's a chore. It's something that life throws at you. Albeit trivial, it's still an unwelcome distraction from what you might want to be focusing on. Your aim, as is mine.... is to create and write on a daily basis. Yeah. I like you, have a full time job. We each have our own aims, things we want to achieve. It's about prioritising our endeavours.

It was my aim not only to write on a daily basis but also to update this blog in order to effectively provide ongoing documentary of this process. I think, although I've managed to maintain the habit of writing the novel each and every day....notwithstanding storms and foiled boundaries etc. It almost became unrealistic to complete two at the same time. I suppose you make a choice. Either you sit and watch Vikings on Amazon or whatever series is available on Netflix. Don't get me wrong, there's always time for a bit of 'The Staircase' - you do need and deserve your downtime. You never know it may even inspire you along the way in terms of characters, delivery or whatever else you can gleam from acted prose. You might even consider reading the book and gather even more inspiration. Who knows?

Whether it's a blog that one person reads, an instagram account that four people interact with you on or any other social media. Know that it doesn't define you. Be thankful for those that encourage. Remember your endgame. Embrace why you feel the need to have to write everyday. It should be a love. It should be enjoyable. It was either Aristole or Augustine ( I forget who ) that said, when you do something you become it. If you write, you're a writer. I may have completely fluffed that attempt at a quote,  but who cares. You know what I mean and as I said - I can't even remember who said it. Obviously, a lot of effort has gone into fact checking this....

Whatever it is you want to do, don't berate yourself too much. It's not worth it. Just be happy knowing you're enjoying the process and creating something of your own.

I try to photograph my own process and goals in terms of word counts,drafts and notes I'm making.

It's a long journey, but my journey to a published novel will happen. Your aim will be achieved. Just implement your passion.

Until Next Time....

Do Good Things!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?

'Alexa.....Stop Distracting Me!'