FINISHED...


Unlike The Doors, this book remains open and it is far from the end. I'm not sure about my methods. 

All I know is that I've written what I've written. I could be over critical . I could compare my words to that of others. I won't. 

I began this process back in September 2018. The screen was blank. Microsoft Word, Times New Roman, font size 12  - - Double spaced. I settled on a title. I had it clear in my brain. I already know the story. I've lived it in some way. It's based on fact and actual experience, with the character names I've played. They could be based upon real people or objects of my imagination. Some scenes and maybe others, are exaggerated for dramatic gain. Through the opening lines, that would later become a different chapter. A beginning I found confusing and maybe far too much information. I spread it over several. 

Life happened. New positions in the world of living. Distractions brought on by impatience and bravery. Mother nature played her role and subtle social distortions. The title changed so not to infringe any known and respected organizations. Based on fact, a work of fiction.

Flagpole was then written and that's where we are right now. 

I've written for two years. Some days, every day. Other days the wind would blow or certain obligations would require my full attention. Even with those required responsibilities. I still made time to write for me. The fact that I deeply love what I'm doing is enough encouragement for me to continue. I keep a note of all I've done. Much, I share to anyone who is interested. These words are free and they remain my expression. It feels good to let it out, to have it heard. I feel an increased sense of contentment. 

So, although I've finished this novel. Novel makes it sound slightly pretentious. It is a novel, a collection of words. A pile of ink on paper. They remain my words and I'm itching to dig in and read them. I've been reading them for two years as it is. Really living what I've written. I think it may have corrupted my mind or made me more human. I've invested in these characters and felt what they needed. 

I think I need a rest for a week. When I say rest. I mean rest from this story. I plan to print, which is now complete. I'll list out the titles of my other stories in a OneNote. The stories I'll endeavour to write.

In some, I'll include the songs of artists that will inspire my writing task. I'll create a plot, bullet pointed or numbered, whichever works out fast, easy enough for me to follow. I'll list out the characters, their back story and nuances. Oh, and of course you can't forget the inciting incidents! 

I've got a story that I'll begin. It's shorter and more generic than the last one. I aim for the new story to be based on the genre of horror, inspired by William Peter Blatty's 'The Exorcist', and the works of Clive Barker. I want it to be short, a bit of fun and something to entertain me as I write it. It'll give me a short break from Flagpole until I return to it in a week. Return in the physical form. Hold the pages in my lap, a red pen reading for correction. I may have spell checked it already. But I know I have unanswered questions. I could strike through in red ink an addition, a deletion or anything I feel fit. If it doesn't make sense I'll scribble it out. If it needs explaining then I'll squeeze that in with explanation and established understanding in how it's reading. 

I'm excited to read it. I really am. I can't wait. I should have a break from it, so I can view it with a fresh mind as; if I'm a reader. 

Over 500 pages and One Hundred and ninety five thousand plus pages. I didn't feel the need to get to two hundred thousand. The story ended where it ended. It's not like running on a treadmill for an hour watching The Apprentice until you burn off a thousand calories because nine hundred just instant enough and it hasn't been revealed which teams made the most profit. Sometimes less is more.

The pages are looking up at me from the floor. The title and my name staring back at me. Within me I feel proud. I'm happy. I've created something.

The next updates from this blog will be for my new book.

I've got a title....it's deliberate!

It's called:

'H8tE TrAcK'

Until next time...

Do Good Things! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?