The Rejection Connection


First rejection received! 

I'm getting somewhere..... 

One of several submissions later and it arrived in my inbox, the response teasing my merriment, its possibilities danced through my head. 

Should I prepare a hot drink or perhaps something stronger?

I should at least stand out of respect

I click for the message to open. If I was cool, I might use my phone. I think in all reality I did swipe to the salutation. 

The agency name glimmers in the subject line, my title nearby.

If I just close my eyes for a second then the news will be good. The work you put it, it wasn't for nothing. My vision now blurred, pupils readjusting. I muster up the courage and open that dream up.

Damn! No genie, no wishes for me.

As the title would suggest and without the pretentious attempt at intrigue. My book, wasn't on this occasion worthy of representation. Alone again with your thoughts.

It's disappointing; sure but inevitable. 

That's one out of a few - I think timeline wise. I submitted it in August 2020, to the one I received a response from that is. Most quote eight to twelve weeks, so I don't begrudge that. There's a lot going on in the world too, so understandable. Not sure what other peoples experience has been? 

I got that inital emptiness, demotivation feeling. But, soon after I felt encouraged. At least I received a response. Albeit not the one I wanted. I took from it, that they had something to reject. My words on paper, it existed. All right it wasn't seen as worthy of this particular agent. That's fine, there's many more. Nothing but postitives being drawn from this one. 

More 'tweaking', more time and more work. I'll keep going on the next one, revisit the first one. Make notes for a third one. Read more books by every author I can get my hands on, of differing genres. I've been consuming every book I can on: publishing, self publishing, writing techniques from, The Elements of Style to Aspects of the Novel. It has to help.

The passion is with me and serioulsy, even if it means entering every competition, making better use of short stories on Wattpad or sharing stories by any means possible. I'll just keep doing that. 

The more I write, the better I'll get. In my opinion the novel is good.

The only advice I can provide is; your journey needs to be your own and you need to write. So, keep writing.

Until Next Time....

Do Good Things

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?