You Can't Let It Irritate You.

It's important to remember, the reason you're doing this is because its your passion. As I continue to say you shouldn't really be doing this for anybody else but for yourself. It is not going to be an overnight wonder. Nothing ever  is. You have to put the work in and more importantly the love for the craft. The minute you begin to 'work' for anyone else or fit their expectations. In my opinion you will have lost.

This entire journey is not about followers, likes or throwaway comments. It's about the process and the love for the craft. Writing for anyone but yourself is only going to bring a tainted taste to the whole thing. Stay true to yourself and your credibility will be intact. I feel that is often times more important.

I think I posted a shot of a  word count of over 60K. It's not a bad achievement thus far but it is realistically only about half way. Well that's where the story feels to me. It may be longer, it could be shorter. It's going to be as long as it needs to be. I won't jeopardise anything in the creation and completion of this story.

I had a pretty gosh darn fabulous couple of days of writing. I had the 8 track player trundling out classic hits. The Crusaders, The Beach Boys and other such divine bliss. They were all playing a part.  It really did help me. It was just flowing and I felt invigorated. It was more than productive. I enjoy those sessions. They're always satisfactory.

I'm trying to scale down a lot of the 'crap' within my space. It may distract me or confuse things in my head. I'm trying to de-clutter. We'll see if it's either successful or makes no difference what so ever. I'm not convinced I need everything. I continue to go through this process of 'writing up' old notebooks and typing up, songs, poems and little lines of words. Doing with them what I can. That could be sharing them or just saving them away. I feel almost guilty though to get rid of the books and notepads I originally wrote everything down in. I'm not sure there is any need for them. It's that thing of exploring the original memory. Having it typed is almost just soul less. Ahhh forget it, yo home to Bel-Air. If they end up recycled etc then that's what's supposed to happen. One thing I'm certain of, going beyond two Long Island Teas is not where it's at for getting creativity sparking. I don't think I need to be too 'loose' to write. I'm more productive when of sound mind. I had the need to have a little tipple. Needed to actually walk to the shop to purchase diet coke. That shows real commitment for the cause. Still the party has continued and will live on when Alexa gets involved blaring out the hits.

I'm contemplating filming some of the writing, maybe doing a timelapse. I'm not sure what I'm hoping to achieve with that or what purpose it will serve but it may well provide more documentation, if only for me.

Anytoot. Champion of Champions Snooker is on shortly. Been marvellous and productive so I deserve a bit of Ronnie.

Until Next Time...

Do Good Things







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?