In A Moment Of Hesitation, Action Can Be Taken


There isn't really time for inaction. 'Lights, camera, Action!'

If I read this aloud as I'm writing, in an accent similar to that of  Morgan Freeman or anyone with a soft delicate tone. You may well experience my realms of possibility. It could be simpler to say that when trying too hard, you ignore all those elements that are standing before you. Apparently, yesterday was World Mental Health Day. Consider me Forrest Gump 'That's all I have to say about that'!

In my esoteric or even pretentious ramblings of thought. I'm not attempting to be anything but myself. Inspiration and the sensation is gives me is comparable to that of innate wonderment. Meeting someone for the first time, sharing that slight glance and quiver of a reciprocated smile. The feeling of that unspoken connection when the palm of your hands interlock perfectly through a mutual handshake. These are the simple things. The experiences I embrace.

Many people assume because I'm relatively quiet upon first meeting, that I'm shy. I would assert I am far from shy. Merely observing behaviours. I'm taking the valuable time needed to understand your intentions. That is not because I ordinarily distrust people. I'm not suspicious or even paranoid. I want to challenge myself to see if my initial thoughts and impressions are correct. Now, I don't berate myself, hate myself or even love myself  if the reverse is proven true. You see now, these thoughts and thinking like it are effectively mine. I am though transposing them into all the characters I'm including. I suppose everything I write is what I believe or what I consider to be the truth. They are at least my truth. The words of artists that inspire me or I admire, are the ones that observe and tell their truth. You and I; as a reader, know it to be profound because ultimately that truth never changes.

When I listen to songs that have that 'universal' message. Like 'Dan Le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip' -
Thou Shalt Always Kill
Or when you read a line in a book that you have no other choice but to underline in pencil, despite momentarily considering it sacrilege to deface the page. I enjoy that consideration, that this 'message' is written just for me. It's the timing. Almost like the universe, or someone is passing you a sign. What you do with that message, is entirely up to you. The goal was to have you emote, even if it were for only a second. Take that second of emotion. Hold on to that introspection. Dance in that motivation, that moment -  to be something better than you've become. You, like me have the ability to have a voice. We can all leave a legacy. We can all experience that satisfaction. It's been said in a moment of hesitation, action can be taken.

It wasn't necessarily my aim to have that rhyme. It is though a beautiful by-product and one that I'm not willing to omit. If you meet someone that makes you smile, that makes you question and think for a while. Explore it. They're probably just as interesting as you.

I feel on top of the world. Words are seriously setting me free. It is nice to know that the words I'm spilling out in this novel are telling a story, creating a character and making me feel resurrected. I would encourage, no no actively encourage - anyone considering to start a story, continue theirs or polish a completed one... to just go on and get it done. Be creative!

Until Next Time...

Do Good Things



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?