I Am A Writer!


It's as simple as sitting down and writing:


I AM A WRITER!

It's become my mantra. I write it down as if to visualise.

I AM A WRITER!

The emperor's new clothes. The tactic of manifestation. Whatever! It's working for me.

I AM A WRITER!

Regular early morrow routine. Alarm for 6AM, a good, focused 90 minutes of nonstop writing. Aided by tar black coffee in a dirty Denny's mug.

I AM A WRITER!

Headphones; the sounds of albums I've never heard. Today, was Brody Dalle, Diploid Love. It doesn't distract; as I can't sing along.

I AM A WRITER!

Music in my ears encourages a blinkered tunnel vision. Keep going until the end, as a basine minimum. I Write 1000 words.

I AM A WRITER!

I let it flow and that's that. Anything and everything over is a bonus. Shattered Vanilla, A Punk Rock Love Story is at 31,000 words.

I AM A WRITER!

Set myself a target. Something else I've written down. The end date is publsihing date.

I AM A WRITER!

There's work to do, but with this new Ignorance to failure and enjoying the craft. It doesn't matter if it's not well received.

I AM A WRITER!

It's a process of continual growth. As long as I learn and improve along the way, write the stories I want to write, enjoy reading the end result. That's all I can do and aspire my numb fingers to achieve. Seriously! They've just turned free-range eggshell blue.

I AM A WRITER!



Until next time. 

Do Good Things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?