The Sound Of Silence And Bill Hicks Prophecy

The day of 'yester' was productive. Beyond belief. Forgive me, I didn't get to 'The Barrel Bar" I was writing obviously. However, more time, detail and description was needed and provided for Dylan. It was exciting and inspiring.

After I had distracted myself with a bit of Joe Rogan, placing a listing for A Nightmare Before Christmas 'Jack Skellington' mug on eBay and listening to 'Relentless' by Bill Hicks on CD.

Now, although the Bill Hicks distraction may seem unnecessary. Bill Hicks is referenced in this novel. He does play a huge part still in my life, even to this day. I have began to re-purchase his stand up performances on CD. A few years ago I sold most if not all of my physical CDs. A part of me regrets that now. Though, at that time it obviously provided money, freed up space and was the 'right' thing to do at that moment in my life. I did keep my Bill Hicks DVDs but for some reason, placing that CD in the drive of my computer and making use of Windows Media Player.... other media players are available. VLC is a worthy mention. Good for weird file formats. Anyway, that physicality - the opening track still resonates. It brings back so many available and happily accessible memories. It's exciting just to take 10 minutes to listen to his prophecy. Still relevant today. His words, thoughts and humourous musings still move and make me emotional.


With the spirit of Bill Hicks bringing me back to earth I managed to produce a collection of words that describes a decline for Dylan. Exposing his weakness and a darkness within him. Which though is inherently centred by good.

The session, if I can refer to it as that, was a success. Well in my mind it was. It really progressed. Proud of it.
I did write in silence. I usually do. Well I mean immediate silence as in within my area. My wife may be watching something on TV or making noise. That's comforting. Complete silence distracts me in itself. Far too eerie.
Dependent on what mood or vibe I'm going for or whether like for example Bill Hicks or Hot Hot Heat conjure up some memories and hearing the sound once experienced takes me back to that time then that's great for me too.

So, with the silence I completed the flip, the fury for Dylan. Still not got to drink liquor yet. But, at least he is on the bus now, waiting to depart. There was a lot of detailed thought on his behalf. Along with anger, disappointment and an utter sense of rejection.

With that in mind it shall be a silent session again this evening. Get the drinking done. I say that now. But also I imagine the amount of detail needed in this sequence of events too. None of it is easy. If it was I'd have written this and completed it years ago and more than likely be on to the very next one.

The fact that writing has now formed a habit it really and truly beneficial to my consistent creativity.

I would advise and encourage anyone wanting to write. Get into the habit. That way you'll begin to enjoy it and it will naturally become a part of your life!

Until Next Time...

Do Good Things

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Writer!

I'm starting to build it.....The third in the series.I won't call it a series. ' Shattered Vanilla'

Why Do I Clench My Left Fist When I Eat Chicken?